Saturday, September 20, 2008

What an interesting morning. If you've noticed the upper left corner of the blog, I have titled it Tea Party. I have been a heavy duty coffee drinker for many, many years. We're talking 3-4 or more pots of coffee per day. My cup was never empty. I have to add that I make weak coffee, but it is still coffee. Finally realizing that it probably isn't good to drink that much, I have been trying to cut back by drinking more tea in place of the coffee.

My cupboard holds about 25 different flavors of tea including Lipton regular that I drink very seldom, Green Tea which I try to drink at least a couple times a week and should drink more, and Earl Grey (that was given to me as a gift) which is my favorite at the moment. I also have flavored teas like orange, raspberry, vanilla (I really like the Madagascar Vanilla Red), peppermint and more. I also have Esiak tea on hand (this is an Ojibwe healing tea).

Mind you, except for the Esiak and Earl Grey, these are mostly the cheaper teas that you find in grochery stores. I live in a small town that does not have a tea house so getting more exotic teas will have to be done online when I get around to it.

The surprise this morning was when I logged on, MSN has a story about tea. Click here to read more.

They also had some related articles linked if you want to check them out. The Tea Association of the United States , "The Great Tearooms of America" , The Tea Room , QueenMary Tea Room , Looking for True Loaves , The Best Brunches Near You , The Art of Chocolate , Coffee Counter-Culture , Teany , Arium , Remedy Tea Bar , Remedy Teas , Imperial Tea Room , Japanese Tea Garden , Teavana , Cha-An , Seattle Newcomer .

I would be interested in recipes for tea cookies and cakes if you have any and care to share them.

Anyway, enough about tea. Time to move on to quilting. Here are some pictures of one of the quilts from the show. The owner said it is a pattern by Cotton Tales. I quilted each block slightly different and stippled the light background area of the blocks and around the applique.



I'm heading to the longarm now to get another quilt done. When I worked other jobs, I always said when I retired I would do a lot more quilting. Well, I am not retired, but I am doing a lot more quilting. It is just for others right now and not myself.

Many of my customers and friends ask me if I miss piecing my own quilts. My answer is not that much. I still piece on rare occasions, but my passion is the actual quilting process. Starting with deciding how to quilt it, design(s) and threads to use to taking it off the frame. It doesn't matter to me who it is for. In fact, I couldn't piece enough quilts to keep myself busy with the quilting part. So, the best thing for me is to keep quilting for others.

I also have samples on my website. If you'd like to take a look click here.

Have a Great Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment