Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rainbows are my favorite color!

I've been so busy trying to get customer quilts done for a local quilt show next month that I haven't had time to sit down at the computer to post.

Today, I had to share what I woke up to this morning. I started to turn on the computer when I heard thunder. Deciding it was best to leave the computer off, I went to the window to look out on the day. Needless to say, I was in awe.

This beauty was so big it took three pictures to get it all. The first shows the right side, the second shows the middle and the third shows the left side. I tried to catch the double rainbow in the fourth, fifth, and sixth shots. As you can tell, the first five are caught as the sun is coming up. What a beautiful orange glow. The last three show the blue skies as the sun comes out more and the storm starts to subside.

I deicided it was a message to slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty around me. So, I have been spending the last few hours doing just that and sharing this with you. Now, I am going to get back to work and finish a small project that is almost ready for the owner to pick up on friday when we get together for quilting bee (surprise Georgette).

I hope you enjoy the pics. Have a great day and look up from time to time. You just might see your rainbow.
click pictures for a bigger view















1 comments:

Stephanie Forsyth said...

That's so pretty!! :)

Post a Comment