Thursday, August 7, 2008

Comfort Quilting

Yesterday was a great day. To fill you in, the local quilt guild I'm in has a project called "Comfort Quilts." When a fire, flood, tornado or other tragedy is found out by someone in the guild, the quilts we make and store up are given out to those who are in need of some comforting.

Several of us get together once a month to make these quilts. We start early in the morning, break for a short lunch and then get back to work. We usually wrap things up around 3 or 3:30.

Yeserday was a very productive day. We had several donations of cheaters donated that we were able to add borders to and make up very quickly. I did three of these and even managed to get the bindings made. Later in the month I will get them quilted.

A couple of the other members were making a new nine patch variation. They weren't sure what it was called but it sure was neat. You first make large nine patch blocks, cut them in half down the center and then in half down the opposite center. You turn two of the opposite corner sections and whala, a very neat design. It seemed to work best using either two colors or a light and a dark. Talk about easy, easy, easy.

Now for another busy day. I have to get at least three quilts done in four days. With a local quilt show coming up next month, I am pretty booked. And with the Treasure Hunt due to begin again the first of Sep. I am putting in lots of overtime hours trying to get things done. I think I will need a quilt retreat after September.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to drop in and visit. I will be back to chat again soon.

Til then, Happy quilting

0 comments:

Post a Comment