Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Train Trip parts 1 & 2

I recently started posting on Facebook about my train trip to WA. to teach at the Innovations Quilt Show and decided I should share it here as well for those of you who don't use FB. Because FB only allows for short messages, I will be posting one part each day. Below is the first two parts.

Train Trip part 1: Having never traveled by any means other than by car, I had no idea what to expect when I got to the station. It was recommeded to be there a half hour early if there was luggage to be checked and one hour early if it was your firs...t trip. So, got there an hour early and still had to wait 30 minuntes which I figure isn't bad since the airlines have you arriving 2-3 hours early.

Train Trip part 2: Arrived at the station prepared to open my bags, dump all my pocket contents into a container, remove my shoes and walk through a metal detector. I was in shock when I had to do none of the above. I went to the counter, they put each bag I was checking onto a scale to make sure it wasn't over the 50 lb. max and away it went. Next bag on, away it went. Done in less than 5 mins.

Return tomorrow for the continuing saga.

0 comments:

Post a Comment